Tuesday, January 18, 2005

SMA - 1/18/05

SMA = Shared Medical Appointment. This is either all the rage or my hospita'ls brain child, not sure, but I liked it. We had an appointment with a midwife, a nurse, and 4 other women all due around the same time. There was a side room where the midwife did a brief exam, and then we all chatted about issues and concerns. I thought it was a lot more interesting than a regular one-on-one at the hospital.

The checkup went well. My fundal height (bonus points to those who know what that is!) was exactly where it should be (23cm) and I've only gained 10 pounds in total (though I lost a few at the beginning) and most of that weight came during the last month. Gotta love the holidays!

The midwife told the nurse that I was delivered by Ina May and that sparked a whole new round of questions :) The nurse said Ina May was in the area last year. All the midwives met her and apparently the whole thing was great. I feel famous by association :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home