Monday, March 14, 2005

31-week update

Had another SMA today. Baby is doing great. I'm measuring right on target (32cm actually) and baby is now heads down. Good baby! The midwife even showed Alan and I how to feel the baby's head. Very cool. I asked how she knew it was a head and not one of my internal organs. She explained. Made sense. I've also gained 25 pounds so far, which was the max I had hoped to gain. I'm sure I'll be gaining more in the next 9 weeks. Oh well. I'll probably have a big ol' tank baby too :) Good baby!

At the appointment we talked about a lot of post-partum stuff. Yuck!! My pregnancy has been going so well and now I'm all yucked out by the bleeding and sweating and leaking that will come after the baby. I'm not a big fan of bleeding, sweating, and leaking ;) One of the other mothers suggested starting now and buying something each week at the supermarket. I thought that was a pretty smart idea. Someone else mentioned cooking a bunch of freezable meals the few days before baby comes (assuming I'm not working) so there is plenty of food. I like the SMAs because it's good to hear from other women who have had kids fairly recently.

We also decided to open a 529 college savings plan and put all baby gift money into it. However, researching such plans is hard work :/

My baby shower is coming up in 2 weeks :) I'm getting excited. We currently have nothing for baby (except some booties, bibs, and a care bear - all holiday presents). After the shower I think this will all feel more real - and maybe I'll start to feel more ready!

That's all for tonight. Gotta do some laundry (got a few new shirts that actually cover the belly).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home