Saturday, February 19, 2005

Saturday update

I took my 28-week blood test this morning. They give you tasty orange stuff to drink (like orange soda) that is basically orange sugar water. Its the equivalent of 13 jelly beans, said the midwife. Then an hour later they draw blood. The purpose is to test how your body is handling sugars, to determine if you (well, me) have gestational diabetes (GD). I'm not too concerned. I had to eat a healthy, low-carb breakfast before the test so Alan made me an omlete. He's so good to me. Then we got bagels after the test :) What can I say, I'm a carb addict!

This evening he was craving donuts, so we bought some and brought them home. He grabs a donut and a piece of cheese. I said "You want donuts and cheese together?" and he says "What can I say, you're pregnant!" :) Cracked me up!

They told me to call the hospital tomorrow to get the results of the blood test. Oh, they are also testing for adequate iron levels, and maybe something else. I can't remember :/ The GD and iron levels are the main concerns. I'll try to post the results soon. I'm sure they will be fine though. As long as they're not testing for carb addictions ;)

On another note, our friends Jim & Julie bought a house! They survived the Boston real estate market. I'm so happy for them (and a bit jealous). I can't wait to see the new place. Congrats guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home