Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Quick update

There is so much going on that I want to write about, and yet so little time :( I'll give a quick update tonight and hopefully this weekend I'll be able to provide more detail.

Last Thursday we went to the hospital to see the Birthing Pavilion (part of the hospital where the babies are born :) ). It's a pretty nice place, considering its a hospital. They try hard to make the room comfy despite the linoleum floors and hospital bed. It was interesting though and I was glad to go. I've been curious for awhile as to what the place looked like. It made the whole experience seem much more real and closer!

This past weekend I had my baby shower... and what a shower! :) I had a great time with the friends and family who attended. Alan's mom, his sister, and my friend Julie all worked very hard and pulled together a fabulous party. I felt so special! I couldn't ask for a better bunch of family and friends... *sniff* :)

I also now feel a little more prepared to have this baby. We have cloths and a car seat (so they will let us take the kid out of the hospital). We also have a swing, bouncy seat, bath tub, lots of toys and tiny little hats and booties. Baby zig is gonna be stylin'.

We ended the evening with dinner at Friendly's and an animated discussion on girls names. We still haven't decided on one. Maybe if zig is a girl we'll look at her and a name will just come to us :) Hopefully!

This week is busy and getting busier. I'm trying to get all of the arrangements in place for a trip to Detroit next week. Though I'm sure Mike (the groom) and his lovely bride are worried about a lot more arrangements than I am :)

I also wanted to give a quick shout out to Stephenie, my co-worker, who not only does an awesome job at FINOWEN, but also gave me tons of maternity cloths! I'm now fully outfitted for the last few months :) I also found a cute dress that will work well for Mike's wedding next week. That was a big relief! Thanks Steph!

Ok, that's all for tonight. SO much to say, so little time. Maybe I'll devote this weekend to putting together baby furniture (swings, and strollers, and car seats, oh my!) and updating the blog. That would be fun :) Probably I'll spend it preparing to leave for vacation though :/

G'night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home