Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Enquiring minds want to know...

I've had several people ask about my 39wk appt, which means I guess I've been a slacker for not posting sooner :)

The 39wk appointment on Monday was another SMA (group appt), so they measured weight, belly size, and baby's heartbeat. All very good. No internal exam (lovely) so no update on dialation or anything.

I did learn something interesting though. Apparently the story about more deliveries on full moons isn't fully accurate. My midwife said that there is a high correlation to deliveries around storms (due to the low pressure systems that cause storms) AND storms often occur around full moons. Soo... my theory about the 23rd being *the* day may be flawed (well, more flawed than it already was). So keep an eye on the weather and lets see if a low pressure system comes by shortly after the 17th. You can also keep an eye on Intellicast's "official" Labor/Birth Index. I have no idea how scientific this is, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I worked from home yesterday and it was so nice and relaxing (the fact that it was a beautiful day didn't hurt either!). I decided that I'm going to officially start vacation time on May 16th - assuming zig doesn't come before then. Once I made up my mind on that decision I've felt very relaxed and happy with it :)

Alan and I now have a little nursery in the house with a crib, changing table, and dresser. Sometime soon we are going to hang the pictures we got from the babyshower and the quilt that Alan's mom made (with embroidery help for others). Once that's done I'm going to take a few pictures and put them up. I also am way overdue for a belly shot. My mom and sister both said this weekend that I hide the belly well. I pulled up my shirt and mom said "wow!". :) Hehehe... good belly! I'll post new pics sometime soon. I'm at work now and don't have any handy.

But anyway, I'm glad to see at least a few people read my ramblings. They aren't very artsy or poetic or anything, just plain ramblings :)

T minus 6 days and counting!! (or maybe it's B minus.... hmm....)

2 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

A place for you to look: http://onlinetriplets.blogspot.com/

They have a really cool pregnancy meter from www.lilypie.com.

What fun!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Mark Spalding said...

Oh, I read it all right! I read it so much, that I call at random times to see if you're having the baby because I haven't seen a post lately!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home